Megsy’s Apple Crisp Recipe
This apple crisp recipe is almost too good to be true. ALMOST. If you love apple crisp, you simply have to try it.
- 9 Shelburne Orchards McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced
- juice of one lemon, strained
- rind of one lemon, grated
- 1/4 cup Shelburne Orchards sweet cider
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur unbleached flour
- 1 cup Cabot butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sliced apples, lemon juice, lemon rind, and cider in a bowl.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Combine oats, sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Crumble over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the top is crispy and golden brown, and the apples are baked just this side of applesauce.
- Devour warm with a slice of Vermont cheddar cheese or vanilla ice cream and a steaming cup of coffee.