Sour Cherry Pie Recipe
This pie recipe is delicious. If you are tired of triple berry and, god forbid, apple, give this one a shot!
- 2 nine-inch pie crusts
- Use 4 cups picked over and pitted sour cherries
- 2/3 c. sugar, more to taste if desired
- 4 T. flour
- 2 t. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 t. lemon juice
- 2 T. kirsch, if desired
- Sprinkle this over the cherries and stir gently.
- Pour them into the pie crust.
- Dot with 1 T. butter.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cover with a top crust or lattice top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake until crust is golden, about 40 minutes in all.
- For a more jam-like pie, bake at 250 degrees for an additional 20 minutes.