This recipe for brandy crepes will knock your socks off. SO good! There is nothing quite like a wonderful crepe to brighten the darkest of days.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- For the flambe part:
- Copious amounts of apple brandy
- 1/2 cup "sugar in the raw" (granulated raw sugar) Regular white sugar also works fine.
- Mix all ingredients well except the brandy and sugar ...about 100 strokes.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the crepes in a flat frying pan or crepe pan, light brown on both sides.
- When all the crepes are cooked and stacked on a plate, you are ready to begin!!
- Put one crepe back in the frying pan and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the sugar evenly over the crepe.
- Then pour a dash of brandy over the sugar and light with a match.
- The brandy will burn with a beautiful blue flame and caramelize the sugar.
- When the flame goes out, roll up the crepe, cut into bite size pieces and eat immediately!! Yummmm!!
- Repeat until all of the crepes are eaten.